I’d struggle to complete GCP in my current physical condition.
Compared to my longest ride to date, GCP is over twice the distance and more than double the vertical ascent:
|Distance (km)||Elevation (m)||Average speed (km/h)|
|Amy’s Gran Fondo 2014||120||1700||~22|
|Gold Coast Peaks Challenge 2015||235||4000||Target: at least 19|
At the end of AGF, I felt alright but there was no way I could have repeated the whole course!
- Breakfast: oats, chia seeds, protein powder (Rich Roll), cinnamon, mixed berries, bit of maple syrup and water
- Lunch: corn, cherry tomato, seaweed, korean fishcake, korean rice cake, carrot, green onion, gochujang paste
- Dinner: soba noodles, miso paste, light soy sauce, chilli sauce (laoganma), corn, tofu, enoki mushroom
- Other: half a honeydew melon, two mandarins, a tablespoon of peanut butter before bed and two B12 tablets
- an hour of volleyball (we won!)