My nutrition plan for this weekend’s long rides is to eat two items an hour (rice cake / energy gel / Carman’s muesli bar) and drink around one bidon an hour.
I made a batch of rice cakes today. Ingredients are: white glutinous rice, peanuts, black bean with green kernel, dried cranberries, medjool dates, brown sugar, coconut oil.
- Tastes okay, but I can improve it.
- I’ll cook the rice separately next time and not together with the beans and peanuts like I did today. I didn’t add enough water, and as a result some of the peanuts were raw.
- Too much coconut oil – too greasy.
- I’ll try Maangchi’s yaksik recipe next time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QL-oTsPOg
- Breakfast: oats, chia seeds, mixed berries, protein powder (Rich Roll), cinnamon powder, soy milk, milled linseed.
- Lunch: sweet potato, coriander, cherry tomato, carrot, red capsicum, avocado
- Dinner: spaghetti (four bean mix, butter bean, tomato paste, italian herbs, cumin powder, chilli powder, zucchini), and same salad as lunch (sweet potato, coriander, cherry tomato, carrot, red capsicum, avocado)
- Other: four mandarins
- Two clockwise laps of the National Arboretum. Strava data here.