The nutrition data of a truffle is unremarkable, and anyway, it’s used in very small quantities.
The aroma is sweet, musty, and earthy. Difficult to imagine from my three adjective description. Much better to experience the fragrant perfume of a truffle dish first-hand.
Truffles last only 2-3 weeks – they continually lose their aroma following harvest – so I’ve decided to eat a lot of truffle mashed potato the coming weeks!
My recipe: steamed potato, savory yeast flakes, maple syrup, white pepper, grated truffle, almond milk.
Some might prefer more fat in the dish such as butter / coconut oil / cream etc. I like eating it this way – tastes pretty good.
- Breakfast: oats, chia seeds, pepitas, mixed berries, cinnamon powder, almond milk, milled linseed.
- Lunch: truffled mash potato (potato, truffle, savory yeast flakes, maple syrup, black pepper, white pepper); beans (Coles four bean mix, cumin powder, garlic, coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, savory yeast flakes); green peas; pickled cucumber.
- Dinner: burger with pickles, mustard, and truffled mashed potato (potato, truffle, savory yeast flakes, maple syrup, black pepper, white pepper); vegetables (bok choy, tofu, miso paste, seaweed sheets, chilli oil).
- Other: 1 apple, some pepitas, some boiled chestnuts, B12 (Rich Roll).
- One hour Sufferfest – FightClub – very tough. I weighed myself before and after – I lost about 1.2kg in sweat! I’ll be enjoying my rest day and sleep-in tomorrow.