Training for the coming week:
Monday – rest day
Tuesday – multiple laps of the Arboretum
Wednesday – multiple laps of Black Mountain
Thursday – Downward Spiral – Sufferfest – indoor trainer
Friday – indoor trainer
Saturday – morning jog and/or exercise bike
Sunday – morning jog and/or indoor trainer (evening)
I bought a Vitamix blender on the weekend and have undertaken to drink green smoothies every now and again – it’s an easy way to get a lot of veggies in.
As an example, today’s blend was: one cucumber, one carrot, one pak choy, a slice of ginger, some coriander, one lemon, and some apple juice.
My plan is to eat a big bowl of oats for breakfast each morning and slowly sip a green smoothie through the morning.
Let’s see how this experiment goes…
- Breakfast: oats, chia seeds, pepitas, strawberries, cinnamon powder, soy milk, protein powder.
- Lunch: truffle mashed potato (potato, white pepper, maple syrup, coriander, truffle), pickles, boiled chestnuts.
- Dinner: tofu, seaweed, radish kimchi, one custard apple.
- Other: some pepitas; green smoothie (cucumber, pak choy, carrot, ginger, coriander, apple juice, lemon); B12 (Rich Roll).
- Volleyball. We won 2-0. We played really well today – starting to come together as a team. Felt good.