Feeling a little guilty about missed training sessions on the weekend, I put in a decent effort this morning riding clockwise around the National Arboretum Canberra, ending just shy of 1,000m elevation and achieving fairly consistent times over the seven laps – fastest lap at 5min 21sec and slowest lap at 6min 9 sec.
Strava segment ‘Dairy Farmers Hill Climb’
Depending how my legs feel tomorrow morning, I’ll be attempting to hit around 1,000m elevation again, this time via a lap of Lake Burley Griffin plus multiple laps of Black Mountain.
I’ll bring something to eat tomorrow. I almost bonked this morning – I hadn’t eaten since 6pm the night before, and I completed the whole ride without having anything to eat. I was ravenous by the end of the ride and couldn’t wait to dig into my bowl of oats.
- Breakfast: oats, chia seeds, pepitas, strawberries, cinnamon powder, soy milk, protein powder.
- Lunch: truffle mashed potato (potato, white pepper, maple syrup, coriander, truffle), olives… Note to self – mashed potato and olives is not a good combination!!
- Dinner: sweet potato noodles; seaweed; chilli oil; Chinese broccoli, oyster mushroom.
- Other: some pepitas; green smoothie (cucumber, pak choy, beetroot and beetroot leaves, ginger, coriander, apple juice, lemon); B12 (Rich Roll); two apples.
- 45km, 992m elevation, 2 hours 15 minutes moving time. Strava data here.