My deadlift form sucks – I need to learn how to properly engage the hamstrings and glutes, and minimise strain on my lower back.
I’ll be watching Youtube videos and getting advice from others who have lifted more than me.
I’m only in Week 1 of the Stronglifts program – but I need to get my form correct.
- Breakfast: oats, cacao powder, mixed berries, soy milk, pepitas, milled linseed.
- Lunch: Chinese red bean snack; bread roll
- Dinner: beef pho
- Other: coffee; green smoothie (spinach, hemp seeds, chia seeds, apple and grape and pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, pepitas).
- Squat (22.5kg) 5*5; Overhead press (20kg) 5*5; Deadlift (40kg) 5*5
- 1 hour of dodgeball refereeing / playing.