I’ve been eating a lot of (Chinese) mung bean soup recently.
It’s a super simple recipe – soak the mung beans overnight, cook for an hour in water and add sugar.
Mung bean nutritional data (mung bean, mature seeds cooked, boiled, without salt):
- 74% carbs, 3% fat, 23% protein
- Good source of thamin, magnesium, manganese, dietary fibre, folate.
Winter morning in Canberra
- Breakfast: oats, dried blueberries
- Lunch: curry chickpea with cauliflower and rice
- Dinner: noodles, cauliflower, mung bean soup
- Other: coffee, mandarin
- Gym – 10 minute stationary bike, bicep and tricep – bicep machine, tricep machine, dumbbell curl
- Bike trainer – hard and easy for 45 minutes