Five weeks remain til I attempt to run a sub-74 minute City 2 Surf. I’ll be consistent and focussed on achieving this goal through the following types of workouts:
- Mondays – easy or rest
- Tuesday – hard – short intervals
- Wednesday – easy
- Thursday – hard – longer intervals (500 metre to 1 kilometre)
- Friday – easy or rest
- Saturday – 10km with a few efforts
- Sunday – 14km easy
I’ll also do some gym workouts – shoulder, back, tricep/bicep, chest, legs
And I’ll stick as much as possible to a whole-food plant-based diet.
I’m around 80kg now and by City2Surf (14 August), I hope to be around 77-78kg.
Fasulya (turkish bean stew)
- Breakfast: oats, pepitas, nuts, banana, inca berries
- Lunch: noodles with dumplings and seaweed
- Dinner: fasulya, some rice and vegetables, turkish bread
- Other: wasabi peanuts
- 17km run at easy pace, 5.58min/km
- Average run cadence: 166 steps per minute
- Average stride length: 1.01m
- Elevation gain, loss: 310m, 324m
- Easy talking pace. Should have brought a gel with me – twelve hours later and my legs are a bit sore.