As of 2015, according to the OECD, meat consumption per person in the world averages around 75 pounds per year, with some countries more than double that, including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States, and Argentina.
Source of the above graphic: World Economic Forum website
Some countries or regions are introducing measures to encourage less meat consumption, for example:
- China’s Government has called on its citizens to cut their meat consumption by 50%;
- The mayor of Turin, in the Italian region of Piemonte, has apparently released a statement / manifesto that promises to make the promotion of vegetarian and vegan diets a priority.
Lovely morning lakeside (Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra Australia)
- Breakfast: chocolate, coffee
- Lunch: vege curry
- Dinner: garlic bread, soy ice cream, roast pumpkin
- Other: tea, coffee, watermelon
- 4.9km, 6.50min/km, easy
- Some heel pain, hope it recovers soon